I recommend the 3dconnexion line of joy sticks for use in Second Life. There are several models available but most residents ony need the desktop or laptop version of the SpaceNavigator. Following are Amazon links to products I recommend:
- 3Dconnexion SpaceNavigator SE (Standard Edition) 3D Navigation Device USB ( 3DX-700028 ) (For Machinima Production and Content Building)
- 3dConnexion 3DX-700034 Spacenavigator for Notebooks (For Machinima Production and Content Building)
- 3D connexion SpaceExplorer 3D Navigation Device with USB Interface ( 3DX-700026 ) (For Serious Gamers – Pricey)
Because I use a laptop almost exclusively now, I recently ordered the Notebook edition of the SpaceNavigator. As a digital nomad I am limited to space and need something rugged to withstand my travel lifestyle.
Most of the time I use the Audio-Technica ATR35s Lavalier Mic to record speech on my computer. I’ve heard it’s been discontinued but if that’s the case there’s surely a new edition because it’s a great little mic. Here are the specs that sold me on the mic:
- Omnidirectional, high-quality condenser
- Low-profile design (black cables but hardly visible!)
- Newscaster-style, miniature lavalier microphone
- Integrated 20-foot cable with a 3.5mm mini plug
If you are going to do any machinima production, you will want to look at voicemorphing software to give your characters a variety of voices. I’m checking into those options now and will get back to you with my recommendation.